The weather is changing, my mood is roller-coastering and life is passing by one glorious moment at a time.
Lately I’ve being catching myself in a negative mindset more often than I’d like to admit. I would just be been down and I couldn’t put my finger on why.
I seriously despise being this way. There’s a difference between being sad/upset (which I’ve grown to enjoy in it’s own way – more on that later) and being negative.
It truly comes down to the little things.
My goal in life is simple: Happiness.
So I’m holding myself accountable to stay true to the following throughout every hour of every day.
1) When thinking about people in my life, instead of focusing on something that went wrong, focus on something you absolutely adore about them. Perhaps they’re always late, but maybe they are one hell of a listener. Focus your energy on their good.
2) When I wake up, before I check my phone or begin my day, lay in bed for a few minutes and enjoy waking up. Go over what I am so fortunate for: I am healthy, loved and surrounded by amazing humans. I have literally won the jackpot in life. When I think about this, I can’t help but smile.
3) How much better do you feel when you kill someone with kindness? Kill everyone with kindness. LOVE so hard it exudes from you. Make people feel important… because they are.
4) Make EYE CONTACT with strangers and share a simple smile. Always. Or say hello?!
5) Go to bed thankful of everything you did today. Envision your goals. Write them down.
I know these all seem simple, but if I’m mindful of them, always, it changes my life.
Life is too short to spend time wasted with negativity.